Search This Blog

Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Let your hair down...You're gonna find yourself somewhere..somehow" Corienne Bailey Rae

The year is 2011, and for me it's officially time for a change. Having just transferred to the new and strange world of public school...trying to keep up with this and that without getting in over my head, I realized my priorities weren't lined up properly. I was stressed. My subconcious realized this, but I refused to surrender. Then cotton white snow fell from the sky...heavensent. The city was forced along with me to raise the white flag. Everything closed. I don't think I've ever spent that much time nonstop with my family I thought shamefully. During these nights, tears were shed and repentence was a god-given gift. As days moved on, I gave myself a much needed break-I've never felt so great in my life! And after all was said and done I realized what my primary goal in life is: to love. First and formost love of Allah, Second love of Family& Friends, and Third love of self. Once I attain love, happiness and success will fall right into place. In the words of Coriene, I needed to "let your hair down".
--from a one lost now found Muslimah

No comments:

Post a Comment