Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

WELCOME TO TURKEY

Turkey is a unique country in that it is located in two continents, Asia and Europe. Turkey has a rich history from the Byzantines to the Ottomans, it is sure to please the adventurer. The capital of this lively country is Ankara, but the largest most populated city is Istanbul. About 12-15 million people live in this one city. Istanbul has the vibe of an older version of New York City. It is very busy and easy to get lost in all the hustle and bustling of the streets. Everywhere you turn there are building and cats. Yes, I said cats. One unique thing about this city besides the fact that it resides in two continents is that, Istanbul might just be the one city in Europe that Muslims are a common sight. Everyday five times a day, you wil no doubt hear the athan, the Muslims' call to prayer.
These three weeks, I, Maryam Faarid will unlock the mysteries to this ancient city. I will share experiences, good and bad, and hopefully in the end you will experience Istanbul, Turkey.

1 comment:

  1. As-Salaamu-Alaikum. Maryam, I enjoy the blog and would love to learn more about Turkey.

    ReplyDelete